Miss Venezuela is Miss Universe 2013
Moscow: Miss Venezuela Gabriela Isler was crowned Miss Universe 2013 here Saturday. The second place went to Miss Spain Patricia Yurena Rodriguez and third to Miss Ecuador Constanza Baez.
The 25-year-old defeated 86 contestants including Miss India Manasi Moghe, who could only make her way to top ten, to clinch the crown.
The 62nd edition of the beauty pageant was judged by prominent faces like American singer- songwriter Steven Tyler, Russian-born supermodel Anne Vyalitsyna, simply known as Anne V, American model and actress Carol Alt, chef Nobuyuki Matsuhisa, Farouk Shami- founder of the hair-care and spa products company, Farouk Systems and retired American figure skater Tara Lipinski.
Isler started taking flamenco dancing lessons when she was a child, but says that her "real training" began when her niece was born. After finishing her thesis three years ago, Gabriela regularly helps her sister in taking care of her daughter, and even considers herself a second mother to the child.
She currently works as a talent on the Venevision TV Network, but considers motherhood as the hardest profession in life.
Isler was crowned by Miss Universe 2012 Olivia Culpo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Filmmakers just followed law; Karan Johar is being bullied: Zoya Akhtar
- Unfair to target film involving mostly Indians, says Dia Mirza
- Antara Biswas aka Monalisa wants Salman's attention with 'Bigg Boss' stint
- I'm sure kids will be inspired by 'Shivaay': Ajay Devgn
- No blanket ban on Pakistani artistes in view of prevailing atmosphere: MEA
- Anushka Sharma's bridal look in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' decoded!
- Ranbir Kapoor - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan look incredibly gorgeous as a couple on Filmfare cover
- Kangana Ranaut on the cover of GQ India magazine – Too hot to handle!
- ‘Befikre’ couple Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor looks smoking hot together- SEE pics
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare