Miss World 2013 to be held without bikini competition
Los Angeles: The organizers of Miss World 2013 beauty pageant declared that the beauty pageant would ditch bikinis amid protests launched by hard-line Muslim groups in Indonesia.
According to Adjie S Soeratmadjie of the RCTI (Rajawali Citra Televisi Indonesia), official broadcaster and organizer of Miss World 2013 in Indonesia, the contestants will now be required to wear long Bali sarongs instead of bikinis, reported Ace Showbiz.
"There will no bikini in this year`s Miss World pageant to respect our traditional customs and values. This is a sensitive issue in Indonesia. We have discussed it since last year and they have agreed," Soeratmadjie said.
Last year, pop sensation Lady Gaga was forced to cancel its sold-out concert in Jakarta because of huge protest from hardliners for her provocative outfits.
Even Beyonce Knowles and The Pussycat Dolls also toned down their sexy clothing when they performed in the most populous Muslim country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- Mother of 21 year-old twin sons - Urvashi Dholakia - defies age and how! See pics
- Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring this monsoon – See sizzling hot pics
- ‘Hottest woman in the world’ Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring on Maxim India Cover – See pic
- Mandira Bedi’s sexy bikini ‘saree’ will give you serious fashion goals – See pics