Model audition begins for Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week
New Delhi: The All India Female Model Audition for Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Summer Season 2012 (WLIFW SS`12) kicked off here on Tuesday.
Around 100 aspiring Indian and International models participated in the audition, which was conducted by FDCI (Fashion Design Council of India), the fashion body of India.
"We have our regular ramp models without whom we can``t do. Yet to keep the industry growing, we always look for new designers, new choreographers, new models and new talents. Modeling is a talent that enhances the clothes that the designers design. Hence there is more power to modeling fraternity. That``s the reason we look for fresh faces," said FDCI President Sunil Sethi.
The fashion industry introduces four to five new models every year. The FDCI brought 11 new faces to the ramp in the 2011 autumn winter season. They have planned to select 10 to 16 aspiring ramp models for this season.
"It`s very important to be able to spot the talent. There is lot of competition as new people are entering the industry all the time. It``s very important that we groom the girls, that``s why they are chosen at this stage rather than putting them straight into the fashion show with other girls who have 10-15 seasons under their belt," said veteran fashion model Simar Duggal, who is also one of the jury members.
"We look for girls who can fit among established ramp models. There is need to do auditions and pick up one, two or three new models every year, so that we have enough girls to do a show properly," she added.
Seven eminent jury members judged the contestants on various criteria.
"Chosen models will have to stand out amongst the established ramp models. We don`t want newcomers to look like newcomers. Hence we are looking for models who have experience, confidence and can carry off designer clothes well on the ramp walk," said fashion designer and jury member Rahul Khanna, who will also be showcasing in the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week SS``12.
Meanwhile, Rahul of designer duo label Rohit Gandhi and Rahul Khanna said : "You will see burst of colours in our collection for summer spring 2012 season. It is inspired from light weights and metals."
Another designer Poonam Bhagat also shares similar thoughts.
"It``s not the beauty per se. It``s the whole package. They have to have certain amount of attitude which should be subtle and not over the top," she said.
The models who have earlier appeared on the ramp for the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week, also auditioned for the summer spring 2012 season.
24 year-old model Bhoomika Arora, who debuted in modeling industry with the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week AW``11, auditioned again for the summer spring season.
"I had most amazing experience walking in the last season of this fashion week. I walked with supermodels who have been in the industry for long years. They taught me a lot and always corrected me during the week. This time also I am looking to get through the auditions," she said.
Models participating in this audition said there is a lot of competition at the event and emphasized that there is a need to present oneself with full confidence to grab the attention of the jury members.
"There is definitely lot of competitions as there are many good-looking models who have come for the auditions. So, you have to up your game by presenting yourself confidently," said Ugotshi, a model from Nigeria, after being short-listed for the second round.
Fashion designers Rohit Gandhi, Poonam Bhagat, Abhishek Gupta, fashion choreographer Vidyun Singh, Aparna Bahl, fashion editor Vinod Nair and fashion model Simar Duggal were among the jury members.
Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week is the most prominent fashion week in India, as it has increasing number of Indian and International buyers visiting in every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Son of Sardaar’ Ajay Devgn grabs Diwali 2017 slot!
- Lindsay Lohan avoids jail with 125 hours of community service
- Rap mogul 'Suge' Knight refuses to attend L.A. court hearing
- Remo D’Souza is now on Twitter!
- Jacqueline Fernandez in love with Salman Khan’s eyes
- Salman Khan to tweet in Hindi, Urdu
- Check out: Shah Rukh Khan, AbRam’s selfie
- 'The Spectacular Jihad...' inspired by 9/11 attacks
- Jackie Chan opens acting school in China
- I’ve fallen in love with acting, says Lauren Gottlieb
- Pulkit Samrat 'can't wait' to watch 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Rap mogul 'Suge' Knight refuses to attend L.A. court hearing
- HC seeks ways to restrain songs promoting drugs and alcohol
- Sam Smith dedicates tweets to fans to celebrate debut album's 1st anniversary
- Judge to hold hearing on whether Shakira's copyright accuser lied
- Ricky Kej grateful to everyone who felt his music
- Sidharth Malhotra, Kriti Sanon 'As I Am' music anthem becomes a rage
- 'Obsessed' Dave Grohl dedicates song to Taylor Swift
- Noel Gallagher rejects Oasis reunion rumours
- Bickram Ghosh to open music gurukul in Singapore, London
- `Power-pack performer` Paul McCartney plays 3hr set in London
- Check out: Longer version of Anushka, Priyanka's 'Girls Like To Swing' from 'Dil Dhadakne Do'!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow