Model Jourdan Dunn stands up against racism
London: Model Jourdan Dunn has taken it upon herself to tell the truth about racism, which goes on the runway.
Dunn is taking a stand against the fashion industry and wants to reveal the truth.
"I want to talk about what goes on. A lot of people are scared to speak up. People think it`s all glamorous and good and that all models get treated the same, but there is still a lot of bulls**t that happens. I speak up," Dunn told the Guardian newspaper`s the Fashion magazine.
The model feels that not being allowed to walk for a show, because of the skin colour, is wrong.
"I wanted to make a point, but not a dig. Girls get cancelled last minute all the time, but at least it wasn`t because of my skin tone. Which I often get in Paris," she said.
A mother of a three-year-old son, Dunn feels that big shots in the fashion industry should try to make a change.
"The people who control the industry, they say if you have a black face on a magazine cover it won`t sell, but there`s no real evidence for that."
"It`s lazy. You always hear, `There aren`t enough black models`, which is bulls**t. It`s all about these dead excuses," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bollywood, TV actors under scanner in ephedrine drug bust case
- Holiday mood! Preity Zinta enjoys day out with niece – View pic
- Gentlemen with spectacles are hot indeed! Ayushmann Khurrana's Throwback pic inside
- Fawad Khan was the 'more difficult' star at IIFA 2016? - Details inside
- Sunny Leone starrer 'Beiimaan Love' trailer out now! Watch
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- Mother of 21 year-old twin sons - Urvashi Dholakia - defies age and how! See pics
- Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring this monsoon – See sizzling hot pics