Most common make-up mistakes
Makeup – a quintessential need for every woman – has been helping them to look prettier in front of their mirrors ever since. A daily-activity for majority of ladies, makeup intends to hide our flaws while accentuating our features – in order to intensify our overall beauty. But, being an ‘art’ – it can be troublesome too; if gone wrong. Bharti Taneja, Beauty and Makeup Expert and Director at ALPS Beauty Clinics, shares what NOT to do while doing self-makeup.
It is not advisable to apply foundation or dab your compact powder on a dry face; a frequent occurrence in daily life, due to hurried-up schedules. Anyways, no matter how little time you have, you should not wear your makeup unless you have moisturized your face well. As, makeup on dry skin can make the face appear patchy and uneven; and the outcome may not be very pleasurable to look at. A great idea to curb this situation is to get rid of dry, flaky skin by nourishing your face and neck by massaging it with replenishing cream on regular basis.
Wearing a foundation lighter than your original skin-tone or applying several layers – just to look fairer – is not recommended at all. For this, you should primarily choose a shade that nearly equals the tone of your skin, blend it well on a well-moisturized face and neck, and then pat with loose powder that matches the hue of the foundation. Also, remember not to miss the neck, for a perfect makeup.
Error of Eyes…
A subtle and perfectly done eye makeup can accentuate any makeup look. But, going a little over-the-top can end up looking messy too. For a delicately done eye-do, one should remember to dab dots of concealer, and blend it well with the base color to hide the dark circles and puffiness. It is advisable to avoid very bright and contrasting eye shadows hues as they can look neon in pictures. Frosty shades such as, pink and peaches can make your eyes appear puffy at times. Therefore, if possible, keep your eye-do all-natural during the day by sticking to pastel eye shades; but can add a little shimmer or smokey effect for an evening-do.
Lips at Fault!
Although it’s good to be fashion-savvy, but choosing lip colors that are in vogue, without checking if they really compliment your skin tone or not, is not at all good idea too. Also, wearing a lip liner that is darker than your lipstick can also turn things bitter on the fashion front. Lip shades that appear too matte, endowing you lips with super dry look, are also not recommended. You should try various shades before any event to find the perfect one – best suited for you.
All That Glitters!
Last but not the least, one should not confuse glitter with shimmer in makeup. Worn the right way, makeup done using a little shimmer, can in fact look great. But it is suggested to use it cautiously and also, not over your entire face. Shimmery eyes, glossy lips with sparkly cheeks – all glitter together doesn’t work, even for a night-do. Hence, keep it simple by just adding sheen and not ‘shimmer’ to your look.
This article has been written by Bharti Taneja, Director, Alps Beauty Clinic
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tate Taylor to direct 'The Girl on the Train'
- Cara Delevingne angered by modelling industry
- Marvel's 'Empire of the Dead' to be adapted for TV
- Azhar biopic not to show Salman Khan angle?
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Check out: Ranveer Singh's 'Mehra' family in 'Dil Dhadakne Do'!
- What is Varun Dhawan's promise to Salman Khan?
- Divyanka Tripathi intimidates her fans
- Rajkumar Hirani produces his sister's play
- Paul McCartney buys $15.5 million penthouse
- Dyeing hair helped Eva Green
- Eva Longoria wants fitness empire
- Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing line
- Lady Gaga gets over 30 wedding dress sketches from top designers
- Ditch black for bold and bright this summer
- Style up in suede in spring, summer
- Kylie's lip fillers changed her confidence: Kim Kardashian
- Jane Fonda proud to be a fashion icon
- Fashion is not for everybody: Dolce and Gabbana
- Designer Monisha Jaising to enter e-commerce
- Sculpt your looks like Moore, N'yongo did at Cannes
- Keep neck jewellery light in summer
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in