Mridul Jacob wins The Debut award
New Delhi: Mridul Jacob from Chennai has won the seventh edition of The Debut, an initiative which recognises fresh talent in the field of fashion.
The 21-year-old, a final year student of Pearl Academy of Fashion, Chennai, is on cloud nine after winning the trophy, certificate and an all-expenses paid trip to an International Fashion Fair.
He will also be felicitated at the forthcoming edition of Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week later this month.
"I am truly excited and this came as surprise. Thanks to all the judges and the organisers," Jacob told reporters.
The grand finale of The Debut took place in the capital Tuesday evening post regional rounds in Kolkata, Bangalore and Mumbai. Established designers Nitin Bal Chauhan, Namrata Joshipura and Sartaj Mehta, head designer of Wills Lifestyle, co-judged the contestants.
"The Debut by Wills Lifestyle is a unique platform that nurtures and recognises young talent in the field of fashion design. This initiative provides encouragement to budding creative talent and facilitates interface with the leading names of the Indian fashion fraternity," said Atul Chand, divisional chief executive, ITC`s Lifestyle Retailing Business Division.
This year as many as 340 online registrations and over 150 portfolios were registered from fashion schools across the country for the annual contest.
Some participating institutes were National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT); National Institute of Design (NID); Pearl Academy of Fashion; Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology (NIIFT); Amity School, Noida and J.D. Institute of Fashion Technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranbir Kapoor’s ex-girlfriends - Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif - to do a film together!
- Kapil Sharma turns Johar’s ‘Koffee with Karan’ spicy couch into a laughter zone
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- Oscars 2017: Priyanka Chopra raises temperature in white at red carpet
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone sizzle at pre-Oscars 2017 parties
- Anushka Sharma on VOGUE cover will bring out the 'feminist' in you!
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Go ethnic to look resplendent
- 'Princess India' title: John Abraham to honour the winner of beauty pageant for visually impaired