My clothes are getting affordable: Manish Arora
New Delhi: Ace designer Manish Arora, who has joined hands with ethnic women`s wear brand BIBA to retail his label Indian by Manish Arora, says the new joint venture will make his clothes affordable and accessible for consumers in the country.
"It is going to be totally Manish Arora Indian clothing and the price is going to be 35 percent cheaper. By associating with BIBA, I am getting affordable and more accessible to the Indian market. In the past, it was usually name (Manish Arora) that was recognised, but the product was not easily accessible," Arora told IANS.
The designer was in the capital to launch his first Indian by Manish Arora boutique at the DLF Emporio, a luxury mall, Thursday.
At the newly-opened store, he will display saris, anarkali suits, kurtas and western outfits at prices that start from Rs.2,500 and go up to Rs.2 lakh.
Siddharath Bindra, managing director, BIBA Apparels, said associating with Arora will give them an easy entry to the luxury business.
"We wanted to get into the luxury segment and since Manish is part of that segment, so it was a perfect opportunity. We don`t do bridal wear and stuff like that and with the association, we also give ourself an entry to bridal wear. So there was absolutely no other choice," Bindra told IANS.
The brand also plans to open 20 outlets in the next two years.
"Apart from Delhi, we have identified a number of other cities such as Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Ludhiana and Jaipur," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer 'Manto' a very big project for me: Nandita Das
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala
- Alia Bhatt-Varun Dhawan’s chemistry on Filmfare cover exhibits cuteness in abundance
- Jeetendra, Arbaaz to walk ramp for charity show
- Deepika Padukone in a Ralph Lauren number at New York Fashion Week will leave you mesmerised!
- Ashley Graham becomes first plus-size model to walk for Michael Kors
- Deepika Padukone sits pretty in the front row at New York Fashion Week for Michael Kors!