Mystery behind Angelina Jolie’s wedding ring solved
London: The wedding ring that Angelina Jolie wore on her recent UN trip belonged to Brad Pitt’s great-grandmother, it has been revealed.
According to Grazia magazine, the 49-year-old actor gave his bride-to-be the gold wedding band because he did not want her to wear her 250,000-pound sparkler in developing countries Congo and Rwanda, the Sun reported.
The actress decided to remove her engagement ring for her recent UN visit and shortly before she flew out, her fiance surprised her by giving her the plain gold band.
A source told the publication that Jolie didn’t want to wear her massive engagement ring because she thought it was important not to be ostentatious with clothes and jewellery when in a poor region.
Pitt said that he completely understood why she couldn’t wear her diamond ring, but he really wanted to give Jolie something special and more understated to wear instead, the source added.
The mum-of-six seemed truly touched by the special gift and it meant a lot to be able to take it on the trip with her, the insider further added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Arshad Warsi says 'Mata ka email' song doesn't intend to hurt anyone's sentiments
- 'Guddu Rangeela' conveys serious message with pinch of salt, says Arshad Warsi
- PIL against 'Mohalla Assi': HC fixes July 6 as date of hearing
- Sunny Leone to play cameo in Akshay Kumar's 'Singh Is Bliing'