Naeem Khan to make Indian debut at Lakme fashion week
New Delhi: Indian-born American designer Naeem Khan, whose client list boasts of US First Lady Michelle Obama and singing superstar Beyonce, is all set to make his Indian ramp debut at the Lakme Fashion Week.
The New York-based sartorialist, who has also designed for Hollywood actresses Penelope Cruz, Eva Longoria, Lea Michele and Emily Blunt, will be showcasing his signature repertoire at the Lakme Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2013 in March.
"I am incredibly excited to showcase my collection in India for the first time, especially in my hometown of Mumbai. It is truly an honour to be part of Lakme Fashion Week, India`s answer to the international runway, and I am thrilled to announce our partnership," Khan said in a statement.
Having designed for music stars like Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Florence Welch, including Lady Gaga`s watercolour one-shoulder gown for her press conference here in 2011, Khan brings with him tremendous amount of experience and heritage.
Born in India and having grown up surrounded by the culture, architecture, history and design, Khan cultivated his vast knowledge of textiles under the watchful eyes of his grandfather and father, both well known in India for designing intricate clothing worn by the royal families.
"We are extremely proud to bring in Naeem Khan to India, his roots... This will be Naeem`s first ever show at Lakme Fashion Week and it promises to be truly grand with his signature style gowns and evening-wear that are synonymous with transnational glamour," said Purnima Lamba, Lakme, Head, Innovations.
LFW Summer/Resort 2013 will be held from March 22 to March 26 at Grand Hyatt Hotel, Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- Hrithik Roshan to launch his own workout regime
- Rani Mukerji to make comeback with women centric film 'Hichki'
- Oscars 2017: Priyanka Chopra raises temperature in white at red carpet
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone sizzle at pre-Oscars 2017 parties
- Anushka Sharma on VOGUE cover will bring out the 'feminist' in you!
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Go ethnic to look resplendent
- 'Princess India' title: John Abraham to honour the winner of beauty pageant for visually impaired