Naeem Khan wants to open stores in India, style B-Town celebs
Mumbai: Indian born New York-based designer Naeem Khan says he is here to test the waters and is looking to open a store in Mumbai and to work with Bollywood celebrities.
The designer, who launched is eponymous brand Naeem Khan in 2003 in New York City, presented his collection last night at the Lakme Fashion Week.
His brand has been a favourite with personalities like US First Lady Michelle Obama, Beyonce Knowles, Katy Perry, Penelope Cruz, Sonam Kapoor and others.
"I want to continue working for Bollywood celebrities like Sonam Kapoor and others. Celebrities here are mixing with the world... Going to Cannes, etc," Khan told reporters here last night.
"I would definitely open a store here. India is a huge market and it is just beginning up. I was here to test the waters as to how people will react. I am happy and proud to be here. It means a lot to be here and presenting my collection," he said.
Khan dazzled the audience with his ultra-glam collection at Lakm? Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2013 to end the day two.
The superb line of outfits specially selected for the evening had sensuous dresses, sophisticated gowns, skirts, coats, among others.
"But I was anxious also thinking how people here will find my collection. I was thinking how Indians will react to my show, whether they will like it or not," Khan said.
"I was worried about the look of models as when I do my shows abroad we have a hair stylist from London, make up man from France. But I must say I was happy with the look of models," he said.
When asked why he had no celebrity show stopper, Khan said, "It was done deliberately. I am here in the business of making and selling clothes. I am not here for theatre and drama...My clothes create drama."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Watch how to apply your foundation flawlessly! Video inside
- Katrina Kaif opens up about her break-up with Ranbir Kapoor! Deets inside
- ‘Bigg Boss 10’ promo: Will Salman Khan be seen in it? Scoop inside
- Pakistani man who made deer skin sandals for Shah Rukh Khan arrested
- Here’s how you can give your traditional wardrobe a fusion look
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly