Naeem Khan wants to open stores in India, style B-Town celebs
Mumbai: Indian born New York-based designer Naeem Khan says he is here to test the waters and is looking to open a store in Mumbai and to work with Bollywood celebrities.
The designer, who launched is eponymous brand Naeem Khan in 2003 in New York City, presented his collection last night at the Lakme Fashion Week.
His brand has been a favourite with personalities like US First Lady Michelle Obama, Beyonce Knowles, Katy Perry, Penelope Cruz, Sonam Kapoor and others.
"I want to continue working for Bollywood celebrities like Sonam Kapoor and others. Celebrities here are mixing with the world... Going to Cannes, etc," Khan told reporters here last night.
"I would definitely open a store here. India is a huge market and it is just beginning up. I was here to test the waters as to how people will react. I am happy and proud to be here. It means a lot to be here and presenting my collection," he said.
Khan dazzled the audience with his ultra-glam collection at Lakm? Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2013 to end the day two.
The superb line of outfits specially selected for the evening had sensuous dresses, sophisticated gowns, skirts, coats, among others.
"But I was anxious also thinking how people here will find my collection. I was thinking how Indians will react to my show, whether they will like it or not," Khan said.
"I was worried about the look of models as when I do my shows abroad we have a hair stylist from London, make up man from France. But I must say I was happy with the look of models," he said.
When asked why he had no celebrity show stopper, Khan said, "It was done deliberately. I am here in the business of making and selling clothes. I am not here for theatre and drama...My clothes create drama."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's how Karan Johar conceived the idea of 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Unmissable autumn tips to stylishly dress up toddlers
- Remember 'Style' duo Sharman Joshi, Sahil Khan? This is what they look like now
- First look of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' is finally out!
- Parineeti Chopra keen to work with cousin Priyanka Chopra
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Diwali 2016: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone will inspire you to drape the six-yards!
- Anushka Sharma's bridal look in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' decoded!
- Ranbir Kapoor - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan look incredibly gorgeous as a couple on Filmfare cover
- Kangana Ranaut on the cover of GQ India magazine – Too hot to handle!