Nancy Dell’Olio says women over 40 should be able to wear bikinis
London: Nancy Dell’Olio has lashed out at a growing number of Britons who claim women over the age of 40 should not wear bikinis.
Appearing on breakfast show ‘This Morning’ the 50-year-old Italian star, who dated Swedish football manager Sven Goran Eriksson, insisted that contrary to recent findings that suggested 70 percent of British people think women over certain age should ditch the two-piece, ladies of all ages can wear bikinis.
“It’s about how they look and feel, not about an age limit,” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying on the show.
“And it’s about how confident you are. You can look in the mirror at the age of 20 or 25 and think you don’t look nice in a bikini. Or you can be 55 and have a body much better than you did when you were 25.
“It’s true that some young girls shouldn’t wear a bikini. But you can be more beautiful aged 50 to 80 than you might have aged 20 to 30. I certainly I don’t think there is anything wrong with my body - I look good in a bikini - and the Daily Mail would be very upset if I stopped wearing them,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Men increasingly availing salon services: Survey
- Priyanka Chopra shares moment of 'madness' with Hugh Jackman!
- When Chris Martin calls Katrina 'Katrina Kaif Kapoor'
- Ajay Devgn and Kajol create 'Shivaay' magic in Google and Facebook headquarters! Pics inside
- Check out Katrina Kaif's brand new look in 'Jagga Jasoos'! Pic inside
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn