Narendra Kumar gets LFW audience thinking with Thought Police
Mumbai: The unity of the youth in raising their voice against recent unfortunate incidents in the country inspired fashion designer Narendra Kumar for his Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) show here Friday. He brought alive the Thought Police, with models walking down a ramp, guarded by men dressed as soldiers.
"The last year, for the first time, we saw India`s youth standing up and we all saw what happened to them. It is very personal... I feel stifled and don`t know what will happen next," Kumar told the media after the show.
The set-up, in which the audience had to struggle to see the creations due to the obstructed view thanks to the `soldiers`, turned irksome for some. But Kumar is unperturbed.
"The idea of the show was to get people thinking. We needed to instigate them. I don`t care if people got angry and walked out," he said.
The designer also added that the show could be interpreted in different ways by different people.
"It is open to interpretation to everyone, they can interpret it the way they want to," he added.
The line had smart formal garments for women, while the menswear was more colourful, with a dominance of yellow colour.
He predicts that "the next stage is coloured clothes for men".
"The world is getting liberated now. Yellow is a colour of exuberance. It is a colour of happiness and youth," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Busy bee Nargis Fakhri dusts down rumours, looking forward to promote 'Banjo'!
- 'Dishoom' mania: Jacqueline Fernandez can work with Rohit Dhawan a 'million times over'
- Jacqueline Fernandez dates a superhero! Brand new poster of Tiger Shroff's 'A Flying Jatt' is super cute- See poster
- Pakistani beauty Mahira Khan caught in mixed emotions for 'Raees'
- 'A Flying Jatt' rapper Raftaar speaks about his Bollywood journey- READ
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic