Need more fashion based shows on TV, says designer Rina Dhaka
New Delhi: Designer Rina Dhaka, who is making her small screen debut with fashion based travel show 'Style & The City', feels TV is the right medium for the development of fashion, which is mostly restricted to the runway in India.
"I have been part of the fashion industry for many years. We see a lot of fashion and style on the runway but for its future development, I feel it is important to have shows on TV in which we talk about it. I am done watching news, song and dance, food related shows on TV. I want to watch shows in which we talk about fashion in a way which is close to reality," Dhaka told PTI.
The show titled 'Style & The City' on FOX Traveller will also feature designers Rocky S, Ashish Soni besides Dhaka, who will travel to different parts of India to take inspiration from the cities for the outfits they will create for their celebrity clients.
"I travelled to Pushkar, Amritsar, Lucknow, Delhi. The best experience I had was in Chandni Chowk in Delhi. I knew of all the 'galis' and shops. But it was very difficult to shoot as the camera crew struggled to get through the crowd. Red Fort was so stunning- especially the designs on the ceilings. It was so inspiring to see the architecture," Dhaka said.
The show will also feature celebrities and socialites like Dia Mirza, Priya Sachdeva and Jacky Bhagnani. The show will run for 10 episodes.
Designer Rocky S said that despite the hectic shooting schedules, he loved the whole experience of mingling travel with work for the show.
"It was a lot of hard work. It involved travelling, shooting, visiting the markets in different cities, workshops, creating the garment and finally trial with the celebrities. But I am very satisfied as this show gave me an opportunity to travel to places in our country which otherwise I don't think I would have ever visited," Rocky said.
"The show has been a great learning experience for me. I travelled to small towns and got a taste of their local fabric, embroidery. It was an inspiring journey for me," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tiger Shroff starrer 'A Flying Jatt' sequel on cards?
- Amazon Prime Video India partners with Vishesh Films
- Akshay Kumar's 'Gold' based on India's first olympic medal
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 694: Abhi saves Pragya yet again from getting killed
- I am completely against banning Pakistani actors in India: Dibakar Banerjee
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Diwali 2016: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone will inspire you to drape the six-yards!
- Anushka Sharma's bridal look in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' decoded!
- Ranbir Kapoor - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan look incredibly gorgeous as a couple on Filmfare cover
- Kangana Ranaut on the cover of GQ India magazine – Too hot to handle!