New York-based Naeem Khan to debut on Indian runway
New Delhi: New York-based Indian designer Naeem Khan is all set to enter "desi" runways with Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) summer-resort 2013.
LFW announced Monday that Khan will be showcasing his signature repertoire at the upcoming edition of the fashion gala to be held in Mumbai.
The five-day fashion extravaganza starts March 22.
"I am incredibly excited to showcase my collection in India for the first time, especially in my hometown of Mumbai. It is truly an honour to be part of Lakme Fashion Week, India`s answer to the international runway, and I am thrilled to announce our partnership," Khan said in a statement.
Saket Dhankar, head-Fashion, IMG Reliance, said that this season they are bringing "the biggest name in the fashion industry - Naeem Khan".
"It is indeed our honour to have Naeem showcase his collection at LFW. This association brings to life our endeavour of making Lakme Fashion Week a truly global fashion event," he added.
Naeem Khan`s client list includes US First Lady Michelle Obama, Beyonce Knowles, Penelope Cruz, Eva Longoria, Lea Michele, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Carrie Underwood, Florence Welch, Emily Blunt, and Queen Noor of Jordan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor shares pre-birthday bash photo with Mira Rajput – See Pic
- Varun Dhawan – Ali Bhatt starrer ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’ brand new poster out!
- Saif Ali Khan confirms daughter Sara Ali Khan’s Bollywood debut
- ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum' sequel to be titled ‘Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh Piyaji'
- Narendra Modi to unveil 112-ft tall face of Lord Shiva idol on Maha Shivaratri
- Jeetendra, Arbaaz to walk ramp for charity show
- Deepika Padukone in a Ralph Lauren number at New York Fashion Week will leave you mesmerised!
- Ashley Graham becomes first plus-size model to walk for Michael Kors
- Deepika Padukone sits pretty in the front row at New York Fashion Week for Michael Kors!
- French Vogue to feature transgender model Valentina Sampaio for the first time