Noel Gallagher`s shoe addiction
London: Singer Noel Gallagher replaced his cocaine addition in the late 90s with shoes.
The former Oasis star claims his obsession with footwear helped him kick his cocaine habit, reported Contactmusic.
"When I gave up drugs I had to obsess about something, and I`m not into cars, not into jewellery and all that kind of thing, and I had loads of guitars, so I set off on a quest to collect trainers," he said.
However, Gallagher`s love of footwear soon spiralled out of control and he started spending hours scouring shops for new trainers instead of sound-checking and doing interviews with his band.
"I had silly amounts - you couldn`t open a cupboard without 20 pairs of trainers falling out," he added.
The rocker even used to put two pairs of trainers in each box to hide the scale of his habit from his wife Sarah McDonald.
"I kept the best ones back, I`ve probably got about 20 or 30 real vintage pairs, and I put the rest back out there - I gave them to charity shops. Funnily enough when I go to Camden market I still see some of my pairs there and I`ve been very tempted to buy them back."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra slams divorce rumours, says she loves her husband—Full story inside!
- Watch: Baba Sehgal is breaking internet with his song on Donald Trump's presidential campaign
- 'Akira' came at the right time of my career: Sonakshi Sinha
- Katrina Kaif upset with Ranbir Kapoor for talking about their relationship during an interview?
- Revealed! Release date of Shah Rukh Khan's next with Aanand L Rai
- Here’s how you can give your traditional wardrobe a fusion look
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly