Not thinking much about my Cannes wardrobe, says Vidya Balan
Melbourne: Actress Vidya Balan is all set to be part of the international competition jury of the 66th Cannes Film Festival this month and says she is not thinking too much about her wardrobe.
The 35-year-old `Kahaani` star, who will be wearing a saree in a bid to make a fashion statement on the red carpet, said her wardrobe is the least on her mind.
"What makes me much happy is to get this opportunity to to watch films from all over the world and to be able to interact with various team jury. I am going to be at Cannes, the most celebrated festival of the world and beyond that I am not thinking so much of my wardrobe," Balan told PTI at the official launch of Indian Film Festival of Melbourne here recently.
"I see myself in a saree even when I am sleeping. So you will see me in a saree in Cannes," she said.
Balan is part of the prestigious nine-member jury, headed by Hollywood director Steven Spielberg. The other big names joining Spielberg are `Life of Pi` helmer Ang Lee, Oscar-winning actress Nicole Kidman, Oscar-winner Christophe Waltz, Japanese director Naomi Kawase, Scottish director Lynne Ramsay, French actor-director Daniel Auteuil and Romanian director Cristian Mungiu.
Balan, who recently got married to UTV Disney honcho Sidhharth Roy Kapur, said marriage has not changed her life.
"I have been married four months and marriage has not changed anything or may be its too early to say," Balan said.
The 66th Cannes Film festival is all set to kick off on French Riviera on May 15.
Apart from Balan, actress Nandita Das is also part of a separate jury for short films.
Director Shekhar Kapur, actress Aishwarya Rai, Sharmila Tagore have previously been a part of Cannes jury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pranavananda Swami files complaint against Kamal Hassan over remarks on Mahabharata
- Jennifer Lopez goes on romantic date with Alex Rodriguez
- It's a talent how Shah Rukh, Salman handle stardom: Anushka Sharma
- 'Pad Man' to raise awareness about sanitary hygiene: Twinkle Khanna
- Amber Heard reveals coming out as bisexual was difficult
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH