Now, fingernail painting with glass beads
Melbourne: A new do-it-yourself nail painting is the latest craze after Katy Perry was seen wearing images of her former husband Russell Brand and US president Barack Obama on her fingertips.
The 28-year-old singer has also been photographed with caviar and 3-D sushi nail art.
Italian cosmetics brand Layla`s Caviar Effect, which is significantly less expensive than a salon manicure at 19.95-dollar-a-bottle, is poured on to freshly-painted nails.
While it looks like the colourful cake decorations 100s and 1000s, it is actually multi-coloured glass micro-beads that are held in place with a regular top-coat nail varnish, News.com.au reported.
Make-up artist Michelle MacDonald said that trends like caviar nail art became popular with teenagers and young women who learnt about it online.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Playing Sikh man in a serious film was tough: Vir Das
- Hansal Mehta reveals Rajkummar's look from 'Omerta' on his birthday
- Amitabh Bachchan to host 'Savdhaan India'
- Sonakshi Sinha will emerge as role model: Shatrughan Sinha
- Alia Bhatt to turn 'Dulhania' for Badrinath aka Varun Dhawan one more time! Picture blast
- Here’s how you can give your traditional wardrobe a fusion look
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly