One piece of expensive jewellery better than several of junk: Sonam Kapoor
New Delhi: Atress Sonam Kapoor feels it is better to invest in one traditional ornament rather than buying several pieces of junk jewellery.
The 27-year-old was here Tuesday to announce the launch of the first Delhi edition of the India International Jewellery Week by the Gem and Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC).
The event, which earlier took place in Mumbai -- the country`s business capital, will be held here April 4-5.
"I wear a lot of real jewellery. I think instead of buying copious amount of junk jewellery, it is better to have one real piece of it," Sonam, who is the brand ambassador of GJEPC said.
Sonam feels that diamonds are said to be women`s best friend because "they shine, are beautiful and there is something very attractive in them".
The event also announced the collaboration of GJEPC with the Indian Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO) to organise the first Indian Gem and Jewellery Fair, which will take place here April 6-9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!
- Shedding extra kilos for my next role: Bhumi Pednekar