Overwhelming to win award for Marathi film: Neeta Lulla
New Delhi: Designer Neeta Lulla, who was jointly named best costume designer with Niharika Khan at the 59th National Awards announced here Wednesday, says it was very special for her as it was for the Marathi film ‘Bal Gandharva’.
The designer has previously won the National Awards for Bollywood movies ‘Lamhe’, ‘Devdas’ and ‘Jodhaa-Akbar’ released in the year 1991, 2002 and 2008 respectively.
"I just got the news from Riteish Deshmukh. He was the first to call me and wish me. I received the honour three times in the past, but this time it holds a different importance because I got the appreciation for a Marathi film," Lulla told reporters.
She is still not sure how to celebrate the victory.
"As I said, I am still to receive the formal confirmation then only I can plan out the day. But yes, I am overwhelmed with the way life is shaping up," she added.
’Bal Gandharva’ based on the life and times of Narayan Shripad Rajhans, known Marathi singer and stage actor. This is art director Nitin Desai`s first production venture.
Subodh Bhave played the protagonist in the movie.
Lulla says it an experience of a lifetime to depict life through costumes.
"The man was famous for his roles of female characters in Marathi plays. Since women were not allowed to act on stage during his time, so he was seen maximum in saris in the films. I did a tough research task to get the feel of his character and then designed clothes. I still remember the days when his style of draping was followed by many women," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- It's high time we respond to terrorism: John Abraham
- Amit Trivedi's father passes away, friends Vishal-Shekhar step in for him at Bollywood Music Project
- Nidhhi Agerwal to be on strict diet for 'Munna Michael'
- Salman Khan backs Pakistani actors, says artistes are not terrorists
- 'Pink' box office collection! Amitabh Bachchan starrer courtroom drama inching towards Rs 60 cr
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn