Pak designer`s work inspired by Central Asia, Ottoman courts
Mumbai: Bringing the best of Pakistani fashion for the first time at the upcoming season of Lakme Fashion Week (LFW), Pakistani designer Faiza Samee says her work has been influenced by her journey through Central Asian landscapes and the Ottoman courts.
LFW is set to showcase the best of Pakistani fashion on the Indian ramp for the first time. "I was inspired by a journey through the Central Asian landscapes and the old?world romance of the Ottoman royal court. Ethnic Central Asian weaves and rich Turkic motifs have formed the design of my prints and embroideries. We have a series of separate pieces with youthful silhouettes," Samee said.
"The Faiza Samee design house is known for reinterpreting and reinventing the traditional, using contemporary cuts and palettes, creating pieces which capture our rich heritage in luxurious," she added.
The collection includes short to mid?length tunics, pants and jackets. "For the fabrics we have used a variety of silks and velvets in rich jewel tones with an interesting, unusual textures. Our collection is always produced by hand using artisanal techniques and is wood?block printed with specialist embroideries. Pieces are created by hand to ensure high standards of luxury and quality," Samee said.
The designer is excited to showcase her collection on the day one of the four-day festival, which commences from August 20.
"Currently, we have come to the point where reinventing and re?interpreting classical techniques are very much a part of our fashion DNA, something that we in Pakistan and India should be rightfully proud of," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan shares priceless moments with acid attack survivors
- Attention ladies, check out the best tips to dress up this festive season
- Nervous Zoya Akhtar got drunk before first day of 'Luck By Chance' shoot
- Akshay Kumar and family to celebrate Diwali in Maldives?
- Vivek Oberoi's Diwali gift to his father Suresh Oberoi
- Diwali 2016: Colours that can add glamour to your attire
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu gears up for the festival of lights– Here’s how
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu in traditional attire - Try out these looks this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Style your hair differently this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Lip colours to pick this festive season