Pakistani designer Zara to showcase vintage floral prints at LFW
Mumbai: Pakistani designer Zara Shahjahan will showcase vintage floral prints with traditional embellishments at the upcoming edition of Lakme Fashion Week.
"We are known for floral (designs) and that is precisely what we are sticking to for Lakme. It is a soft blend of vintage floral prints with traditional embellishments infused with western silhouettes," Zara told in an interview.
The Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Winter/Festive show will be held here from August 20 to 24.
For her collection, Zara will be making use of soft colour palette with pastels.
With quite a few Pakistani actors working in Indian films, Zara hopes her good friend actor-singer Ali Zafar might come to see the show.
LFW is set to showcase the best of Pakistani fashion on the Indian ramp for the first time and Zara is elated to present her collection.
"We were approached by Hello!Pakistan which is working in liaison with LFW to get Pakistani designers on board," the designer said.
"Zara Shahjahan the brand is already very active in India. We hold regular exhibits in Delhi and Mumbai. An association with Lakme not only gives us massive exposure on a highly recognised platform, but also helps us further reach out to our Indian buyers," she said.
Zara thinks both India and Pakistan are extremely progressive in fashion.
"India has a more established industry, but I feel that Pakistani fashion has experienced multilateral growth in the past decade. In terms of retail, aesthetics, fashion showcases, etc, we have grown considerably," Zara said.
"India on the other hand is a mature industry with seasoned designers who dominate the industry and are responsible for its eminence," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trailer out! Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' will leave you with goosebumps – Watch now
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Best of your sex life begins at 40!
- I am proud of doing 'Rustom': Ileana D'Cruz
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how
- Wow! What a combination - Sonam Kapoor gives desi twist to her look for amfAR Gala
- Behind the scenes- Sexy Femina cover girl Radhika Apte unplugged – Watch video