Pakistani designer Zara to showcase vintage floral prints at LFW
Mumbai: Pakistani designer Zara Shahjahan will showcase vintage floral prints with traditional embellishments at the upcoming edition of Lakme Fashion Week.
"We are known for floral (designs) and that is precisely what we are sticking to for Lakme. It is a soft blend of vintage floral prints with traditional embellishments infused with western silhouettes," Zara told in an interview.
The Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Winter/Festive show will be held here from August 20 to 24.
For her collection, Zara will be making use of soft colour palette with pastels.
With quite a few Pakistani actors working in Indian films, Zara hopes her good friend actor-singer Ali Zafar might come to see the show.
LFW is set to showcase the best of Pakistani fashion on the Indian ramp for the first time and Zara is elated to present her collection.
"We were approached by Hello!Pakistan which is working in liaison with LFW to get Pakistani designers on board," the designer said.
"Zara Shahjahan the brand is already very active in India. We hold regular exhibits in Delhi and Mumbai. An association with Lakme not only gives us massive exposure on a highly recognised platform, but also helps us further reach out to our Indian buyers," she said.
Zara thinks both India and Pakistan are extremely progressive in fashion.
"India has a more established industry, but I feel that Pakistani fashion has experienced multilateral growth in the past decade. In terms of retail, aesthetics, fashion showcases, etc, we have grown considerably," Zara said.
"India on the other hand is a mature industry with seasoned designers who dominate the industry and are responsible for its eminence," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karan Johar says I don't think I even have ten percent of Rajamouli's gumptionv
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Pranavananda Swami files complaint against Kamal Hassan over remarks on Mahabharata
- Jennifer Lopez goes on romantic date with Alex Rodriguez
- It's a talent how Shah Rukh, Salman handle stardom: Anushka Sharma
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH