Pakistani designers, children`s show highlight of LFW
Mumbai: The Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) this time will see best of Pakistani fashion on Indian ramp, a children`s fashion show and Australian fashion designer duo Easton Pearson foraying into the Indian market.
A total of 86 designers will showcase their collection at LFW Winter/Festive show to be held here from August 20-24.
The season will witness amalgamation of upcoming talent and established designers like Manish Malhotra, Vikram Phadnis, Anita Dongre, Rocky S, Anju Modi, Varun Bahl, Shantanu & Nikhil, Priyadarshini Rao among others.
"We are excited to host four exceptional designers from Pakistan, besides having emerging and established designers. Lakme always takes centre-stage in every bride`s trousseau and this year we bring something special by having Manish Malhotra doing the grand finale," Purnima Lamba, Head of Innovation at Lakme, told reporters here last night.
Manish will present his bridal trousseau in rich and glossy colours at the grand finale. Actress Kareena Kapoor will walk the ramp as show stopper for Manish. She will showcase a global runway trend, which is in vogue this season, called `The Gloss Look`.
Masaba Gupta and Amit Aggarwal will debut as opening designers on the show. One of the highlights this season is the children`s fashion show to be hosted by world`s famous toy shops Hamley`s and Mattel. Hamley`s has tied up with Barbie and Hot Wheels for show where 20 children aged 6 to 12 years from across India will get a chance to walk the ramp.
Besides, LFW will have four Pakistani designers - Faiza Samee, Rizwan Beyg, Sania Maskatiya and Zara Shahjahan - who will debut with a grand show on August 22.
Celebrated Australian fashion designer duo Easton Pearson will foray into the Indian commercial market in partnership with R and B International, India at LFW. The unique designs by Pamela Easton and Lydia Pearson will be available in India, in standalone stores and throughout exclusive selected boutiques, post their showcasing at LFW.
This season will once again pay tribute to the rich heritage of Indian fabrics. Besides a few designers, those present at the press conference included actresses Konkana Sen Sharma, Gauahar Khan and Shriya Saran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's 'Udta Punjab' is not banned, tweets Anurag Kashyap!
- Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra's 'Bajirao Mastani' boast IIFA nominations!
- Karan Johar in awe of Radhika Apte's 'Phobia'!
- Live performance: Bollywood star Farhan Akhtar ready to fly in Chicago!
- 'A Wednesday' veterans Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah spar over Kashmiri Pandits - Details inside
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how