Pallavi Mohan`s vibrant line perfect to beat summer heat
New Delhi: Designer Pallavi Mohan`s spring-summer 2014 collection, showcased at the Wills India Fashion Week (WIFW) Saturday, was a wonderful amalgamation of a wide array of fabrics including cotton and chiffon in colours like yellow and indigo which looked perfect for those looking to beat the summer heat in style.
Her line was titled Board Walk Grit.
From muscle back tops, short skirts, vintage lace halter tops, body suits to poplin pants, dresses, palazzos with high slits, the collection weaved a story with the use of fabrics like jersey, cotton mesh, georgette, chiffon and lace.
The designer also used the tie-and-dye technique with an interesting mix of colours like acid yellow, indigo, beige, powder blue and metallic tints mixed with red.
The high points were the implementation of ombre dying, embroidery, beaded embellishments, patchwork, raw edges, tape work and deityhand-threaded work with cable knits on the designs.
For Mohan, the collection is apt for anyone seeking to add a hint of seduction to the summer wardrobe.
"Fashioned in natural silk and cottons, they are easy to wear shapes perfect for beating the summer," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan returns to stun you! Check out Femina cover PIC
- Deepika Padukone looks incredibly stunning on the cover of Filmfare!
- Mahira Khan looks stunning in THIS white outfit!
- Sonakshi Sinha talks about her fashion preferences, says she has individualistic style
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof