Pallavi Mohan`s vibrant line perfect to beat summer heat
New Delhi: Designer Pallavi Mohan`s spring-summer 2014 collection, showcased at the Wills India Fashion Week (WIFW) Saturday, was a wonderful amalgamation of a wide array of fabrics including cotton and chiffon in colours like yellow and indigo which looked perfect for those looking to beat the summer heat in style.
Her line was titled Board Walk Grit.
From muscle back tops, short skirts, vintage lace halter tops, body suits to poplin pants, dresses, palazzos with high slits, the collection weaved a story with the use of fabrics like jersey, cotton mesh, georgette, chiffon and lace.
The designer also used the tie-and-dye technique with an interesting mix of colours like acid yellow, indigo, beige, powder blue and metallic tints mixed with red.
The high points were the implementation of ombre dying, embroidery, beaded embellishments, patchwork, raw edges, tape work and deityhand-threaded work with cable knits on the designs.
For Mohan, the collection is apt for anyone seeking to add a hint of seduction to the summer wardrobe.
"Fashioned in natural silk and cottons, they are easy to wear shapes perfect for beating the summer," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Playing Sikh man in a serious film was tough: Vir Das
- Hansal Mehta reveals Rajkummar's look from 'Omerta' on his birthday
- Amitabh Bachchan to host 'Savdhaan India'
- Sonakshi Sinha will emerge as role model: Shatrughan Sinha
- Alia Bhatt to turn 'Dulhania' for Badrinath aka Varun Dhawan one more time! Picture blast
- Here’s how you can give your traditional wardrobe a fusion look
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly