Pallavi Sharda turns muse for Samant Chauhan`s new line
New Delhi: Australia-born Indian actress Pallavi Sharda turned princess on the ramp as designer Samant Chauhan displayed his Rajputana inspired collection day 2 of the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) Spring/Summer 2014.
The `Besharam` actress, who made her catwalk debut today, began Chauhan`s show in an angelic white silk and cotton ball gown.
"I felt like a princess today on the ramp. It was a very special experience. I really love this regal collection. I find cotton to be a very comfortable fabric as I live in Mumbai and we all know about the weather there. I think the gown is also very classy and I would like to wear it to any of the horse races in Melbourne. It is indeed a Derby dress for me," Pallavi told reporters after the show.
Chauhan`s collection presented the story of the Rajputana tribe. When asked why he chose Pallavi as the show stopper, he said, "I think Pallavi is one of the most stylish female in Bollywood right now. She is perfect to showcase my new line."
The collection mainly consisted of dresses, gowns and Chauhan also presented his new men`s line.
The hand-woven fabrics had golden zari wrapped silk and kora cotton silk fused and textured. The designer also introduced patchwork in his collection for the first time with zardosi, hand embroideries and lot of tribe elements like beads, lion skull motifs and so on.
Actor Gulshan Grover also attended Chauhan`s show, wearing an all black pajama and kurta teamed with a red bundi, from the designer`s collection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sushant Singh Rajput's 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' becomes second highest opener of 2016!
- If Indian artistes have so much problem, we will ban their movies too: Raj Thackeray on Salman Khan's statement
- We are living in hard times: Ranbir Kapoor
- Surgical strikes: Adnan Sami praises Indian Army, gets slammed on Twitter – Details inside
- Humans are selfish: Tom Hanks
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn