Paris Hilton supports Multiple Sclerosis charity
Los Angeles: Paris Hilton has lent her support to a charity initiative to wipe out multiple sclerosis after losing her grandmother to the disease few years ago.
The 30-year-old heiress was turned up at the Race to Erase MS benefit in Century City, California on Friday, saying she was drawn to the cause after watching her grandmother Marilyn`s battle with the debilitating condition, which attacks the brain and spinal cord, reported Examiner online.
Marilyn Hilton died in 2004 at the age of 76 from complications associated with MS.
"I lost my grandmother to multiple sclerosis so this cause is something very close to my heart. I believe that they will find a cure if everyone does their part," said Paris.
The reality star and her designer sister Nicky helped to raise money at the gala`s silent auction by offering up an invitation to join them on a shopping trip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anushka Sharma on VOGUE cover will bring out the 'feminist' in you!
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Go ethnic to look resplendent
- 'Princess India' title: John Abraham to honour the winner of beauty pageant for visually impaired
- Men too can incorporate pink in their wardrobe!
- Alia Bhatt-Varun Dhawan’s chemistry on Filmfare cover exhibits cuteness in abundance