Payal Singhal`s designs took Aditi Rao Hydari down memory lane
Mumbai: Bollywood actress Aditi Rao Hydari, who walked the ramp for designer Payal Singhal Monday at the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Summer-Resort 2013, said the collection took her down memory lane.
"I am so happy that I walked for Payal wearing her clothes. Her clothes took me back to my childhood days," she told the media.
"I have been lucky to have been brought up where heritage is so important... this was like a walk down memory lane," she added.
The actress looked fabulous in a red sharara-legenga and simple red blouse.
The actress of films like "London, Paris, New York " and "Murder 3", found the clothes wearable.
"We feel that Indian clothes are high maintenance. But these clothes are so wearable," said.
Payal said seh deliberately kept Aditi`s blouse simple as "she (Aditi) is so beautiful. Also, the main show of a bride should be her jewellery."
Titled Taj, Payal`s collection was "inspired by Islamic architecture".
"This is the reason why you saw Taj Motifs on many of the garments," she added.
While the textiles were very Indian, the silhouettes were western.
"Everyone talks about swades, but there was also rebellion against the Swadesi Movement by women who wanted to wear western outfits. The silhouettes represent that," she said.
The line showcased spectacular silken Sufi falda pants with structured cholis, buttery mul saris with free flowing kurtas, short Anarkali kurtas with voluminous salwars and asymmetric tunic blouses with traditional silk saris in katarva cottons, Benarasi and mul silks.
The detailing on the clothes was done with silk, silver, and gold thread as well as filigree or jaali work in trellis patterns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anupam Kher to play politician in 'Welcome Back Gandhi'
- Zayn Malik deserves happiness: Rebecca Ferguson
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' crosses Rs 20 crore mark in India on opening day
- IMPPA ban on Pakistani actors has no relevance: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Karan Patel deletes his angry social media post against Pakistan – Know why
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn