People thought I looked ugly in red hair: Christina Hendricks
London: Actress Christina Hendricks` modelling agency thought she looked "ugly" when she first dyed her hair red.
The `Mad Men` star, who is a natural blonde, changed her hair colour when she was modelling early in her career, and despite initial criticism, she decided to keep her flame-coloured look, reported Daily Mail.
"When I first started modelling I was blonde. Then I got a job and they wanted to do my hair bright red. I`d always wanted to, but the head of my agency was like, `You look terrible, it`s so ugly, you cannot have red hair.`
"I came back as a redhead and couldn`t get my hair back to blonde for two days - in the meantime I had to audition. I booked two or three jobs, because there were a lot fewer redheads than blondes, and I was like, this is working for me, I`m keeping this!" she said.
Hendricks also credits her flame-coloured locks for helping her land Hollywood movie roles, such as 2011 action film ‘Drive’.
"I think it does make you stand out. People remember you when there`s a sea of faces. It helps," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn