Perfumes help Kerry Washington to adapt characters
New York: Actress Kerry Washington says she changes her perfume every time she gets a new role as it helps her to get under the character`s skin.
"Whenever I play a different character, I change my scent. Perfume can really set a tone or a mood in a room. Olivia (her character in political thriller `Scandal`) needs to be neutral in the workplace," people.com quoted the 36-year-old as saying.
Washington was recently chosen as the new face of skincare brand Neutrogena and she believes that the role is perfect for her because her acting work has given her a real understanding of makeup.
"I live and work in makeup, so I have a perspective on how a lip colour works after eight hours on the set or an hour on the red carpet...I`m so grateful for the hairstylist and makeup artist on `Scandal`. I roll out of bed at 4 a.m. and sit in the chair at 4:30 and they transform me into that person," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mika Singh's 'Dhingana' highlights Shah Rukh Khan's 'Raees' journey
- 42 years of 'Deewar': Amitabh Bachchan says it had the best screenplay ever
- Overseas Box Office: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' crosses Rs 200 crore mark
- 'Udi Udi Jaaye' from 'Raees': Check out Shah Rukh Khan, Falguni Pathak's adorable conversation
- Rohit Roy reveals he was offered huge money to enter 'Bigg Boss' as contestant
- Mahira Khan looks stunning in THIS white outfit!
- Sonakshi Sinha talks about her fashion preferences, says she has individualistic style
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Make heads turn by trying these hairstyle trends!
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra