Pia Pauro brings Scottish glam on ramp
New Delhi: Designer Pia Pauro showcased her autumn-winter collection inspired by Scottish glam rock on day three of Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week here.
The embroideries and prints that were seen in the clothes were drawn from tudor roses, which are traditionally used on stain glass windows in the Medieval Churches.
"William Morris was an important artist of that period and our embroiders are inspired by his paintings," Pia said after the show.
"Glam rock is a style of rock and pop music that developed in the UK in the early 1970`s, which was performed by singers and musician who wore outrageous clothes, make-up and hairstyles," the designer futher added.
The silhouettes were easy and flowy - kaftan gowns, dresses and short skirts teamed with black leggings, lehengas and pants.
David Bowie`s psychedelic also had a big influence on the collection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shivaay movie review: Defies gravity and conviction
- Deepika Padukone breaks her silence on speculations about breakup with Ranveer Singh
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' audience review: Here's what Twitterati have to say
- 'Shivaay' vs 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Box Office clash: Expect the 'unexpected'
- Kamaal R Khan in legal trouble for leaking Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' online
- Diwali 2016: Colours that can add glamour to your attire
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu gears up for the festival of lights– Here’s how
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu in traditional attire - Try out these looks this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Style your hair differently this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Lip colours to pick this festive season