Pia Pauro brings Scottish glam on ramp
New Delhi: Designer Pia Pauro showcased her autumn-winter collection inspired by Scottish glam rock on day three of Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week here.
The embroideries and prints that were seen in the clothes were drawn from tudor roses, which are traditionally used on stain glass windows in the Medieval Churches.
"William Morris was an important artist of that period and our embroiders are inspired by his paintings," Pia said after the show.
"Glam rock is a style of rock and pop music that developed in the UK in the early 1970`s, which was performed by singers and musician who wore outrageous clothes, make-up and hairstyles," the designer futher added.
The silhouettes were easy and flowy - kaftan gowns, dresses and short skirts teamed with black leggings, lehengas and pants.
David Bowie`s psychedelic also had a big influence on the collection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- Here’s how you can give your traditional wardrobe a fusion look
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly