Pia Pauro brings Scottish glam on ramp
New Delhi: Designer Pia Pauro showcased her autumn-winter collection inspired by Scottish glam rock on day three of Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week here.
The embroideries and prints that were seen in the clothes were drawn from tudor roses, which are traditionally used on stain glass windows in the Medieval Churches.
"William Morris was an important artist of that period and our embroiders are inspired by his paintings," Pia said after the show.
"Glam rock is a style of rock and pop music that developed in the UK in the early 1970`s, which was performed by singers and musician who wore outrageous clothes, make-up and hairstyles," the designer futher added.
The silhouettes were easy and flowy - kaftan gowns, dresses and short skirts teamed with black leggings, lehengas and pants.
David Bowie`s psychedelic also had a big influence on the collection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia Bhatt on latest Grazia cover is UNMISSABLE!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan and Karisma Kapoor's shopping PIC defines sister squad goals!
- Katrina Kaif, Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt and others dazzle at Hello! Hall Of Fame awards—SEE PICS
- Kriti Sanon looks fab on Vogue cover!
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!