Poonam Dubey encouraged to design by brother Manoj Bajpai
New Delhi: Fashion designer Poonam Dubey says it is her Bollywood actor brother Manoj Bajpai who discovered her creativity and encouraged her to join the fashion business.
Poonam showcased her collection `Desert Rose` at the ongoing Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Spring-Summer 2014. She says the 44-year-old actor was supposed to be at her show but couldn`t make it due to shooting commitments.
"He already had prior commitments... I got confirmation for my show at such short notice so he couldn`t change his schedule. Manoj bhaiya supports me a lot. He was the one who asked me to come to Delhi and do these fashion shows because he thinks I am a very creative person. He didn`t want me to do any administrative job. He encouraged me a lot," Poonam told reporters.
Besides Manoj, The designer hopes to have many other A-list celebrities in her client list.
"I always design for Manjoj Bhaiya whether its family functions or red carpet. I would love to design for other Bollywood celebrities too," she added.
Poonam`s collection was inspired by desert and consisted of beautiful ghagras with motifs, colourful cholis and duppattas.
The ensemble was teamed up with bangles that went all the way up till shoulders.
The collection incorporated techniques like Tie and Dye, embellishment with mirror on fabrics like Chanderi, Khadi, Silk, Mulmul, and Cotton. Poonam chose colour palate of ivories, mustards, indigos and browns to bring out the rustic nature of her collection.
"It is hard to find the rich cultural and artistic diversity anywhere else. Even foreigners are not untouched by the richness of our country. So being a part of this culture it is difficult to detach from my roots. Hence, I designed this collection which is about real India," Poonam said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui opens up about working with Shah Rukh Khan in 'Raees'
- Dilip Kumar to celebrate 94th birthday at home?
- Shilpa Shetty's son Viaan not allowed to watch TV on weekdays!
- Nagarjuna's son Akhil Akkineni engaged to girlfriend Shriya Bhupal!
- Guess who? THIS superstar launched Vikram Phadnis' debut film
- Shraddha Kapoor reveals her wardrobe essentials
- Raees look: Not one but three different styles for Shah Rukh Khan
- Wedding season special: Tips to pick suitable footwear for different functions
- Mira Rajput wears hubby's T-shirt and gets approval from Shahid Kapoor right away!
- Anushka Sharma looks dazzling on latest GQ cover!