Poonam Dubey encouraged to design by brother Manoj Bajpai
New Delhi: Fashion designer Poonam Dubey says it is her Bollywood actor brother Manoj Bajpai who discovered her creativity and encouraged her to join the fashion business.
Poonam showcased her collection `Desert Rose` at the ongoing Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Spring-Summer 2014. She says the 44-year-old actor was supposed to be at her show but couldn`t make it due to shooting commitments.
"He already had prior commitments... I got confirmation for my show at such short notice so he couldn`t change his schedule. Manoj bhaiya supports me a lot. He was the one who asked me to come to Delhi and do these fashion shows because he thinks I am a very creative person. He didn`t want me to do any administrative job. He encouraged me a lot," Poonam told reporters.
Besides Manoj, The designer hopes to have many other A-list celebrities in her client list.
"I always design for Manjoj Bhaiya whether its family functions or red carpet. I would love to design for other Bollywood celebrities too," she added.
Poonam`s collection was inspired by desert and consisted of beautiful ghagras with motifs, colourful cholis and duppattas.
The ensemble was teamed up with bangles that went all the way up till shoulders.
The collection incorporated techniques like Tie and Dye, embellishment with mirror on fabrics like Chanderi, Khadi, Silk, Mulmul, and Cotton. Poonam chose colour palate of ivories, mustards, indigos and browns to bring out the rustic nature of her collection.
"It is hard to find the rich cultural and artistic diversity anywhere else. Even foreigners are not untouched by the richness of our country. So being a part of this culture it is difficult to detach from my roots. Hence, I designed this collection which is about real India," Poonam said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Unveiled! First teaser poster of Riteish Deshmukh, Nargis Fakhri's 'Banjo' – View pic
- Randeep Hooda’s dream girl is beautiful – See pic
- Not just LGBT, Sonam Kapoor is strong supporter of basic human rights
- So you think you know English perfectly? Try this quiz
- Box Office report of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Randeep Hooda starrer 'Sarbjit'
- Super-hot! Sussane Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how