Prakash Jha turns stylist for Amitabh Bachchan in `Satyagraha`
Mumbai: Filmmaker Prakash Jha turned designer to dress megastar Amitabh Bachchan in his upcoming political drama ‘Satyagraha’.
Bachchan, 70, is playing a social activist and Jha has carefully selected the right textures and fabrics for the actor.
"It is true that I purchased the clothes that Bachchan has worn in the film. I was very particular about his look and needed the right textures and fabrics. I went with my team to buy all the clothes," Jha said in a statement.
For close to 35 days prior to commencing the shoot, director scouted the markets of Mumbai and Delhi looking for simple clothes.
Bachchan will be seen wearing mostly Khadi kurtas in the film, which will hit theatres on August 30.
This is Jha`s second outing with Bachchan after `Aarakshan`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anushka Sharma on VOGUE cover will bring out the 'feminist' in you!
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Go ethnic to look resplendent
- 'Princess India' title: John Abraham to honour the winner of beauty pageant for visually impaired
- Men too can incorporate pink in their wardrobe!
- Alia Bhatt-Varun Dhawan’s chemistry on Filmfare cover exhibits cuteness in abundance