Pratima Pandey brings Picasso magic to runway
New Delhi: The magic of Pablo Picasso`s paintbrush and colours was revisited when designer Pratima Pandey showcased her collection, inspired by the painting of the famous artist, at the ongoing Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW).
"The collection titled `Mood swings` is inspired by the works of Picasso`s paintings for the three art movements - Rose period, Blue period and Cubistic war period," said the designer.
A mix of salwar-kameez, embroidered jackets and dresses in bright and deeper tones, the collection was impressive.
"I have used a lot of silk and chanderi. Also, the use of intricate embroidery in indigenous techniques give the collection a cosmopolitan and opulent look," she said while mentioning the USP of the collection.
Known for her eco-friendly fashion and her label Prama, she emphasises on natural fabrics thereby encouraging craftsmanship and sustainability and this is what she tried to present with her autumn-winter range at the fashion event.
She feels that collection is meant for everyone who want to look glamorous while sticking to her roots.
"The anarkali with floral print is perfect for a casual day. One can also try silk chanderi kurta in earthy shades for night outs. A nice stole or printed dupatta can add glamour to the entire look," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This viral puzzle is making the internet go crazy! Can you solve this?
- Amar Singh a friend, has right to say anything: Amitabh Bachchan
- My soul will receive peace that Sarabjit gave me 'kandha': Dalbir to Randeep Hooda
- 'TE3N' trailer: Amitabh Bachchan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Vidya Balan team up to decode a mystery – Watch
- Katrina Kaif’s astonishing weight loss no game for 'Jagga Jasoos' makers!