Rahul Roy gets crew cut for new film
Mumbai: Actor Rahul Roy, who has been away from celluloid for some years now, will soon be seen in an untitled film under his banner Rahul Roy Productions. For this, the actor has chopped off his long locks.
Ever since the actor made his debut with ‘Aashiqui’ in 1990, he kept his tresses slightly long. The film`s success not only made Rahul a star overnight, but his hairstyle became a rage among the youth.
It is only now that he has opted for a change.
"If after 23 years, I am changing my look, there would definitely be a reason behind it. There is a character which is fascinating me. I am wanting to do that character and so for that, I have cut my hair and have changed my look," Rahul said here in an interview when asked about the new crew cut.
"It`s about time because the kind of films that we make today, I was wanting to get something that I could do," added the 45-year-old.
Last seen on the big screen in 2006 film ‘Bipasha - The Black Beauty’, the actor refused to reveal any more about his new film.
He said: "The announcement about this film will be out soon and I am eagerly waiting to work in this film. "If everything falls in the right place then we may release this film by the end of this year," he said.
Post ‘Aashiqui’, Rahul also gave noteworthy performances in films like ‘Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee’ and ‘Junoon’.
During the early 1990s, Roy did many romantic films. He drifted from films, and was then seen in limelight in 2006 as a participant on the first season of TV reality show ‘Bigg Boss’. He had won the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pranavananda Swami files complaint against Kamal Hassan over remarks on Mahabharata
- Jennifer Lopez goes on romantic date with Alex Rodriguez
- It's a talent how Shah Rukh, Salman handle stardom: Anushka Sharma
- 'Pad Man' to raise awareness about sanitary hygiene: Twinkle Khanna
- Amber Heard reveals coming out as bisexual was difficult
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH