Red lipstick can help you get promotion: Survey
London: A red lipstick beauty look ensures you stand out from the crowd but what is more interesting that women are wearing this look at the workplace to help in getting a promotion, new research says.
Nearly half of British women wear red lipstick to work to impress their boss, according to the survey.
The research, done by Escentual.com - a premier beauty destination - found that 40 percent of women regularly arrive at the office sporting an alluring scarlet shade of lipstick in an attempt to attract the attention of their male bosses, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
And even more women, nearly two thirds, would wear heavy eye make-up in order to be noticed by their male superiors.
Perhaps the reason for this bold and sexy make-up is that 40 percent of women believe that flirting with the boss is more likely to gain them promotion at work.
And the clothing choices appear to be a lot more provocative than before as well, with almost half of women admitting that they would defy conservative office dress codes and wear low-cut blouses and high heels in the work place.
Surprisingly most women said they would team their pillarbox red pout with heavy eye make-up, including dark eye-shadow, eyeliner and mascara.
“A red lip is no longer a look reserved for a date or a night out,” said Emma Leslie, beauty editor of Escentual.com.
“For whatever reasons, more and more women are introducing red lipstick into their office make-up routine, but it’s important to make sure you don’t go overboard. I always recommend keeping the rest of your make-up fairly muted if you plan on sporting a bold lip in the daytime.If you don`t feel brave enough for a full-on red lip in the office, a sheerer formula or more coral tone allows you to work the look in a less dramatic way,” added Leslie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma’s rumoured former girlfriend deactivates Twitter account?
- Fawad Khan all set to make a comeback!
- Anupam Kher's latest gift to mother leaves her teary-eyed!
- 'Padmavati' controversy: Sanjay Leela Bhansali keeping in mind public sentiments, says Shahid Kapoor
- Rajinikanth cancels Sri Lanka visit following opposition from pro-Tamil outfits
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH