Reindeers, cherub, dragonflies: Christmas-inspired jewellery
New Delhi: Inspired by the magnificence of the Christmas spirit, jewellery designer Sumit Sawhney has created a new collection of earrings, rings and neckpieces with reindeers, cherubs and dragonflies, among others, for the festive season.
"While Christmas has always been associated with Santa Claus and reindeers, I have captured the essence of the cultural movement this Christmas," Sawhney, owner of Apala Innovative Jewelry, told IANS.
Taking inspiration from Saint Nicholas and his Greek connection, Sawhney has used motifs of cherub, who are said to bring peace, hope and joy with them.
"The angels and dragonflies used in rings and pendants are symbols of love and good luck," according to the designer.
There are also reindeer hoop earrings.
"As Santa`s entourage, reindeers contribute in making Christmas merry for the kids by carrying him everywhere," he added.
The collection "caters to a wide canvas of both traditional and western tastes, blending majestically with whatever a woman would like to wear", said the designer, who took close to four weeks to design the collection.
The range starts from Rs.4, 500.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ row: Bollywood celebrities slam CBFC decision
- Guardians The Superheroes movie review: Russian replica of 'X-Men' series
- 'Anaarkali of Aaarah' will appeal to all sections: Swara Bhaskar
- Vishal Bharadwaj is very sensitive: Kangana Ranaut
- Worth taking all the risk: Deepika Padukone on 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' success
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Go ethnic to look resplendent
- 'Princess India' title: John Abraham to honour the winner of beauty pageant for visually impaired
- Men too can incorporate pink in their wardrobe!
- Alia Bhatt-Varun Dhawan’s chemistry on Filmfare cover exhibits cuteness in abundance
- Jeetendra, Arbaaz to walk ramp for charity show