Ricky Martin, Nicki Minaj named face of Mac lipstick
London: Pop stars Ricky Martin and Nicki Minaj have been announced as the brand ambassador of MAC’s Viva Glam lipstick and are launching their own brands.
Martin and Minaj, who have taken over as the face of the brand from current spokesperson Lady Gaga, said that all profits from the sale of the beauty products will go in aid of fighting HIV and AIDS, reported Contactmusic.
Their brands will be called Viva Glam Ricky and Viva Glam Nicki.
The unlikely pair will also shoot for a campaign in Miami and the project will be captained by fashion photographer David La Chapelle.
"Viva Glam Photo Shoot. Ur gonna GAG!!!!! Can`t wait for my barbz & ken barbz to wear this new shade of lipstick! Wait till u see it! Sickening!!!! (sic)" tweeted Minaj, 28.
It is not known if Martin will wear his brand for the shoot.
Minaj had earlier collaborated with MAC on their `Pink 4 Friday` lip shade, named after her debut album, `Pink Friday`, which was launched last year. It proved to be a huge bestseller and the USD 14 lipstick now fetches up to USD 88 on internet auction sites such as eBay.
Previous Viva Glam spokes models include Lady Gaga, Lil` Kim, Missy Elliott, Eve, Mary J Blige, Christina Aguilera and Fergie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Box Office report: Here's how much 'Dear Zindagi', 'Kahaani 2' collected on Saturday!
- Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan flaunts new release date in Tamil, Telugu posters