Rina Dhaka`s collection reminiscent of 1990`s style
New Delhi: Designer Rina Dhaka`s love for Indian textiles continued at the ongoing Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week as she chose to showcase a collection that was the reminiscent of the 1990s with widespread usage of the fabric.
"My autumn winter 2013 collection delved into ancestral Indian textiles mixed with digital prints on the clothes," said Dhaka, who showcased her collection on the penultimate day of the five-day fashion extravaganza that started here Wednesday.
"The designs are very upfront, edgy and modern with the 90`s vibe. The contemporary dresses with a puff organza sleeves is truly a reminiscent of the 90s," she added.
The ensembles featured straight shifts and drop waist silhouettes, A-line dresses with black as the reigning color along with blends of gray, maroon and white.
The fabrics varied from chiffons, georgettes, organzas with prints of monochrome paisley, red and yellow ikat, tweed and honeycomb.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Get rid of clichés and make a glitzy style statement this Diwali
- Here's what Bollywood stars have to say about Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- Salman Khan's bodyguard Shera booked in assault case
- Diwali 2016: Time for special beauty care
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu in traditional attire - Try out these looks this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Style your hair differently this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Lip colours to pick this festive season
- Shilpa Shetty nails the desi look with élan
- Diwali 2016: Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Vidya Balan, Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone will inspire you to drape the six-yards!