Rina Dhaka`s collection reminiscent of 1990`s style
New Delhi: Designer Rina Dhaka`s love for Indian textiles continued at the ongoing Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week as she chose to showcase a collection that was the reminiscent of the 1990s with widespread usage of the fabric.
"My autumn winter 2013 collection delved into ancestral Indian textiles mixed with digital prints on the clothes," said Dhaka, who showcased her collection on the penultimate day of the five-day fashion extravaganza that started here Wednesday.
"The designs are very upfront, edgy and modern with the 90`s vibe. The contemporary dresses with a puff organza sleeves is truly a reminiscent of the 90s," she added.
The ensembles featured straight shifts and drop waist silhouettes, A-line dresses with black as the reigning color along with blends of gray, maroon and white.
The fabrics varied from chiffons, georgettes, organzas with prints of monochrome paisley, red and yellow ikat, tweed and honeycomb.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Kriti Sanon went for a Thailand vacation? Here's the truth!
- 'The Ring' co-star Anushka Sharma beats Shah Rukh Khan in 'Prague'! – Know how
- Teachers tend to favour middle-class students: Study
- Beyonce dominates MTV Video Music Awards 2016
- Karan Johar to reveal 'first phase' of Ranbir Kapoor starrer 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' tomorrow
- Here’s how you can give your traditional wardrobe a fusion look
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly