Robert Downey Jr. embarrassed to cross dress in front of wife
Washington: Robert Downey Jr. got uncomfortable while cross dressing for a particular scene in his latest spy film as he thought that his wife was watching him.
Although the Oscar nominated actor has appeared in various bold characters during his acting tenure but for a particular scene in his latest movie where he had to cross dress made him shudder, as he felt that his wife was watching him.
In one particular disguise scene in his upcoming flick ‘Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows’ the actor was dolled up to look like a lady, while his wife Susan (producer) sat behind-the-lens and attempted to work.
“I keep thinking, is my wife sitting behind the monitor and watching me cross dress on purpose?” Fox News quoted him as telling at the film’s premiere in Los Angeles this week.
He believed that the sequel has turned out better than the original movie.
“I think ‘A Game of Shadows’ turned out better than the first movie and statistically it is highly unlikely that a sequel is ever better than the first one,” he said.
Director Guy Richie revealed that he cast Downey Jr. as only he could do a “flawless English accent.”
“When I look back, it was impossible to cast anyone else. There are obvious parallels in the characteristics between Robert and Sherlock,” he explained. “And he is the only male American actor I know who can do a flawless English accent. Girls can crack the accent, but it is hard for the fellas,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha collaborates with all-female production in New York
- Grateful to amazing people who made ‘Neerja' happen: Producer
- Riteish Deshmukh tweets an important life lesson on Shivaji Jayanti!
- Ashish Kaul appointed CEO of Prakash Jha Productions
- Rajkummar Rao's presence in Hansal Mehta's life has been 'transformative'
- Jeetendra, Arbaaz to walk ramp for charity show
- Deepika Padukone in a Ralph Lauren number at New York Fashion Week will leave you mesmerised!
- Ashley Graham becomes first plus-size model to walk for Michael Kors
- Deepika Padukone sits pretty in the front row at New York Fashion Week for Michael Kors!
- French Vogue to feature transgender model Valentina Sampaio for the first time