Rocky S gives a miss to celebrity showstopper for LFW
Mumbai: Designer Rocky S, who generally ropes in celebrity show stoppers for all his shows, has decided not to add any Bollywood quotient on ramp for his show at the Lakme Fashion Week summer resort 2013, starting March 22.
The designer says celebrity as a showstopper gives the image that the designs are meant for the "stars" hence, "for my new collection I want the clothes to be the showstopper on their own".
"Working with a celebrity showstopper had been a must in my previous fashion shows; my friends from the film fraternity have been very supportive by participating in my shows. However, for my new collection, I want the designs to speak for themselves," Rocky S told reporters.
"My aim is to make these designs available to every fashion enthusiast and feel glamorous. However, I still receive all the love and support from my Bollywood friends and will continue to do so," he added.
At Lakme Fashion Week, the designer will showcase a collection that will reflect a new era of "romantic fashion" in hues including pink, red, orange and his signature black.
"Of all the colours in the spectrum I am most fascinated by black. It is compatible, flattering, and appealing to all. Since it is extremely difficult to connect black with calm and tranquility, the LFW ramp will witness the other side of black as I try my best to bring out the serenity of the era of romanticism through my collection."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Man asks Karan Johar for his WhatsApp number on Twitter, KJo's reply will make you go LOL!
- Meryl Streep blasts Karl Lagerfeld over dress issue: 'He lied'
- Rangoon: Kriti Sanon talks about Kangana Ranaut, Shahid Kapoor starrer
- Never thought was good looking enough to play romantic roles: Shah Rukh Khan
- SS Rajamouli opens up about trailer launch of 'Baahubali: The Conclusion'
- Anushka Sharma on VOGUE cover will bring out the 'feminist' in you!
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Go ethnic to look resplendent
- 'Princess India' title: John Abraham to honour the winner of beauty pageant for visually impaired
- Men too can incorporate pink in their wardrobe!
- Alia Bhatt-Varun Dhawan’s chemistry on Filmfare cover exhibits cuteness in abundance