Rocky S wants to style Victoria Beckham
Mumbai: Noted designer Rocky S says he would love to style singer-turned-fashion designer Victoria Beckham.
Having created a niche in the fashion industry, Rocky has been the acclaimed designer for Bollywood celebrities like Bipasha Basu, Katrina Kaif, Shilpa Shetty and others. He has made mark in the international circuit as well by designing for American socialite Paris Hilton, singer Beyonce Knowles and the pop girl group Pussy Cat Dolls.
"I would love to style Victoria Beckham. She is beautiful, stylish and a diva in herself. I am very much interested in finding out how my creations would look on her," Rocky S told reporters in an interview here.
The designer, quite excited about his creations, says, "My collection is a combination of femininity and confidence. It delineates the dramatic splendour of mystery. I have adapted trends from the medieval ages and infused them with the latest trends of the season," he said.
His collection for the Lakme Fashion Week is inspired by the fierce spirit of the modern Indian woman.
"Today`s modern Indian women are beautiful, bold and breathe confidence. Moreover, she is comfortable in her own skin and evokes a mixed sense of serenity and seduction. I have tried to bring together all the attributes of her personality and showcase it through my collection," he said.
For this collection, Rocky is inspired by the beauty of black - as it is mysterious, powerful and aristocratic.
Though Rocky is known to have several celebrities as show stoppers for his fashion shows, now the designer has decided against it.
"Working with a celebrity showstopper had been a must in my previous fashion shows; my friends from the film fraternity have been very supportive by participating in my shows. But last season itself, I had decided that I will now let my outfits speak for themselves and be their own showstopper," he said.
"Having a showstopper creates an aspiration to own the outfit; my aim is to make these designs available to every fashion enthusiast and feel glamorous, just like a star," he added.
The Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive kick starts from today where Rocky will present his collection tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- You cannot take your eyes off 'sloth struck' Ranveer Singh lazing around!- See it to believe it
- Dance songs should not be called item numbers: Aditi Rao Hydari
- Arbaaz Khan speaks about his character in 'Tera Intezaar'- READ
- Kangana Ranaut looking forward to next project- Know all about it!
- Do's & Donts while worshipping a Shivling—A must read!
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Immensely proud and ecstatic, says Rohit Khandelwal, first Indian to win Mr World title
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic