Rocky S wants to style Victoria Beckham
Mumbai: Noted designer Rocky S says he would love to style singer-turned-fashion designer Victoria Beckham.
Having created a niche in the fashion industry, Rocky has been the acclaimed designer for Bollywood celebrities like Bipasha Basu, Katrina Kaif, Shilpa Shetty and others. He has made mark in the international circuit as well by designing for American socialite Paris Hilton, singer Beyonce Knowles and the pop girl group Pussy Cat Dolls.
"I would love to style Victoria Beckham. She is beautiful, stylish and a diva in herself. I am very much interested in finding out how my creations would look on her," Rocky S told reporters in an interview here.
The designer, quite excited about his creations, says, "My collection is a combination of femininity and confidence. It delineates the dramatic splendour of mystery. I have adapted trends from the medieval ages and infused them with the latest trends of the season," he said.
His collection for the Lakme Fashion Week is inspired by the fierce spirit of the modern Indian woman.
"Today`s modern Indian women are beautiful, bold and breathe confidence. Moreover, she is comfortable in her own skin and evokes a mixed sense of serenity and seduction. I have tried to bring together all the attributes of her personality and showcase it through my collection," he said.
For this collection, Rocky is inspired by the beauty of black - as it is mysterious, powerful and aristocratic.
Though Rocky is known to have several celebrities as show stoppers for his fashion shows, now the designer has decided against it.
"Working with a celebrity showstopper had been a must in my previous fashion shows; my friends from the film fraternity have been very supportive by participating in my shows. But last season itself, I had decided that I will now let my outfits speak for themselves and be their own showstopper," he said.
"Having a showstopper creates an aspiration to own the outfit; my aim is to make these designs available to every fashion enthusiast and feel glamorous, just like a star," he added.
The Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive kick starts from today where Rocky will present his collection tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidhu to bring Kapil Sharma and Sunil Grover TOGETHER! Here's what you should know
- Noted Yakshagana artiste Gerukatte Gangaiah Shetty collapses on stage, dies
- Former Miss India Priyadarshini Chatterjee fights for child abuse victim
- Salman Khan feels grounded, all thanks to family and friends!
- Anushka Sharma has found her long-term goal!
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH