Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘desi’ Deepika Padukone
New Delhi: From going bespectacled to wearing a lungi and shirt, Deepika Padukone will be seen in varied looks in the movies that are expected to hit the silver screen this year.
If the 27-year-old was appreciated for her hot avatar in ‘Cocktail’ last year, she will soon be seen wearing spectacles in Ayan Mukherji`s ‘Ye Jawani Hai Deewani’.
The movie is also creating a lot of buzz as Deepika has teamed up with her ex-boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor in the film set to release May 31.
Then there is Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s magnum opus ‘Ram Leela’. For the film, Deepika has donned a desi avatar and will be seen mostly in Indian outfits. In the drama, said to be inspired by Shakespeare`s "Romeo and Juliet", she has teamed up with Ranveer Singh.
In Rohit Shetty directed ‘Chennai Express’, she will sport a south Indian look and will also be seen dressed in a shirt and lungi. Her leading man in the romantic comedy is Shah Rukh Khan, with whom she made her debut with 2007 hit ‘Om Shanti Om’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Difference in treatment meted out to us and Hema Malini, says victims' kin
- FTII stir: Students protest Gajendra Chauhan's appointment
- Arshad hopes for 'raise' post 'Guddu Rangeela'
- Tiger Shroff doesn't want to work with B-Town's Khans
- Will work with Shoojit again: Ayushmann Khurrana