Sarkozy`s high heels inspiring men globally
London, April 05 : Call it the 'Sarkozy effect'. More and more British men are turning to stack heels to avoid being overshadowed by their taller partners.
In fact, the male heel has climbed to the top of the footwear charts in this country after the five ft five inches tall and flamboyant French President Nicolas Sarkozy got towered over by his five ft nine inches tall wife, Carla Bruni, during a visit London, The Daily Telegraph reported.
The department store chain Selfridges has noted a surge in sales of men's shoes with high heels of up to two inches, according to the report published today.
The store's head of menswear, David Walker-Smith said, in the past, Cuban heels were favoured as casual wear. "Now the businessman in a pinstripe suit wants to up his game by adding to his height. We've got heels on brogues and loafers that are very popular."
Though Sarkozy might be resorting to high heels now, Bollywood macho Salman Khan had been falling upon the high heel option ever since he started dating his current love interest Katrina Kaif. Sallu, who is 5.5 inches has often been spotted wearing high heels to come neck to neck with Kat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brangelina split: Angelina Jolie quits movie with Brad Pitt, keeps six kids in $12m home?
- Planning to revamp your abode? Here are some quick tips for an organised home
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- Oops! Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh's 'Padmavati' DELAYED?
- Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt to be first guests on upcoming season of 'Koffee with Karan'?
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn