Satya Paul apparels wow Malaysians
Kuala Lumpur: Saris, apparels and party wear by Indian fashion designer Satya Paul, and endorsed by Bollywood stars like Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan and Rekha are a major hit among Malaysians.
"They stand out anywhere, anytime," says the campaign that began on the eve of Deepavali.
"Your favourite Bollywood star. A famous Cubist master. Or pop at the party in stunning Pop Art in a statement sari. Known for its vivid colours and signature prints, the Satya Paul sari has arrived here," a daily said about the apparel campaign.
Bollywood movies are immensely popular in Malaysia, home to 2.1 million ethnic Indians.
"Inspired by Pablo Picasso, Belgian surrealist Rene Magritte and the Pop Art Movement, designers at India`s Satya Paul have turned the conventional sari into conversation piece," the newspaper said.
The first Satya Paul boutique here opened at the Bangsar Shopping Centre recently.
"One can find exquisite signature saris, stoles, cholis, tunics, dresses, kurti, bridal wear, men`s shirts, ties, cuff-links, scarves, bags and costume jewellery. The Satya Paul line also boasts designer wear that`s a fusion of Western and Indian styles," the daily said.
"Each Satya Paul sari has a brand stamp on it. What`s great is that the pallu (the flowing end which is either worn hanging down from one shoulder or draped around like a shawl) is pronounced."
Apparel and accessories under the Satya Paul group are made by a group of more than 60 designers, including Rohit Bal, Shobha De, Manish Malhotra, Monisha Jaising, Valaya Quantum, Tarun Tahiliani, Surily Goel, Rocky S., Pankaj and Nikhil and Deepika Gehani.
Fabrics used include crepe-de-chine, georgette, chiffon, satin jacquards, georgette jacquards, lace and silk net.
Satya Paul apparel are very expensive. A plain printed sari costs at least RM 750 ($179) while embellished saris begin from RM 1,200 ($298).
The most expensive piece at the boutique is a resplendent gold-embellished Kanchipuram silk in chilli red at RM 6,500.
Saris from the Lumiere Swarovski line are among the most expensive and can go up to RM 10,500 ($2,507).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pranavananda Swami files complaint against Kamal Hassan over remarks on Mahabharata
- Jennifer Lopez goes on romantic date with Alex Rodriguez
- It's a talent how Shah Rukh, Salman handle stardom: Anushka Sharma
- 'Pad Man' to raise awareness about sanitary hygiene: Twinkle Khanna
- Amber Heard reveals coming out as bisexual was difficult
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Shahid Kapoor flaunts his six-pack abs on latest Filmfare cover!
- Alia Bhatt looks ethereal wearing Sabyasachi creation for Harper's Bazaar cover!
- Vaani Kapoor's mysterious act for Rina Dhaka stops time at AIFW
- Summer breezy hairstyles in 60 seconds! WATCH