Shilpa Singh to wear Anjalee-Arjun`s creation at Miss Universe finale
New Delhi: Designer duo Anjalee and Arjun Kapoor have been roped in to design the finale costume for Miss India Universe 2012 Shilpa Singh.
Shilpa will represent India at the Miss Universe pageant scheduled for Dec 19 at Las Vegas, US. She was selected by I AM She, a national beauty pageant that sends the winner to the international pageant.
"Yes, we are the official designer for the finale round. The garment that we have prepared for the round is nude corset with pink crystal and Swarovski work on the bodice. It`s free-flowy neon pink coloured gown," Anjalee told IANS.
The designer duo is known for styling some of the known faces of Bollywood, including Bipasha Basu and Minissha Lamba.
They hope that India Shilpa wins the crown.
"I have given the best shot... I am very confident about my work. I know that Shilpa will look glamorous and will stand out. Wishing her luck, hope she gets the crown back," Anjalee added.
Model-turned-actress Lara Dutta was the last Indian representative who won the Miss Universe crown in 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- Hrithik Roshan to launch his own workout regime
- Rani Mukerji to make comeback with women centric film 'Hichki'
- Oscars 2017: Priyanka Chopra raises temperature in white at red carpet
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone sizzle at pre-Oscars 2017 parties
- Anushka Sharma on VOGUE cover will bring out the 'feminist' in you!
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Go ethnic to look resplendent
- 'Princess India' title: John Abraham to honour the winner of beauty pageant for visually impaired