Shrujan exhibition comes to capital with the best from Kutch
New Delhi: Shrujan Hand Embroidery Exhibition is set to begin in the capital Oct 2. It will bring some of the best known hand embroidery like `pakko and `soof` from Kutch.
The five-day exhibition will be held at the Aga Khan Hall. It will showcase a limited range of silk cholis and silk blouse pieces for the Navratras and also wedding and classic collections.
Pakko embroidery on contemporary patterns of kurtas along with dupattas in tussar silk and maheshwari will also be on display.
Shrujan is a 44-year-old organization working to popularise Kutch hand embroidery techniques.
The exhibition will showcase original hand embroidery by 3,500 craftswomen from over a 100 remote villages of Kutch that has been transformed into high quality products, said a statement.
Among the other highlights of the exhibition will be specially designed bags and clothes by designers Vani Gupta and Sudha Patel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actors face many demons everyday: Radhika Apte
- Watch: Jimmy Sheirgill's political drama 'Shorgul's trailer packs a punch!
- 'I'm the boss of my own s**t' says Ankita Lokhande post split with Sushant Singh Rajput!-- See pic
- Like things to be poetic in music, says Rabbi Shergill
- Riteish Deshmukh pays tribute to father on 70th birth anniversary!
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- Jacqueline Fernandez oozes sensuality in plunging neckline – See Pics
- Tips to pick up the right pair of shoes for the right occasion
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Fashion shows can boost Goa tourism – Here’s how