Shrujan exhibition comes to capital with the best from Kutch
New Delhi: Shrujan Hand Embroidery Exhibition is set to begin in the capital Oct 2. It will bring some of the best known hand embroidery like `pakko and `soof` from Kutch.
The five-day exhibition will be held at the Aga Khan Hall. It will showcase a limited range of silk cholis and silk blouse pieces for the Navratras and also wedding and classic collections.
Pakko embroidery on contemporary patterns of kurtas along with dupattas in tussar silk and maheshwari will also be on display.
Shrujan is a 44-year-old organization working to popularise Kutch hand embroidery techniques.
The exhibition will showcase original hand embroidery by 3,500 craftswomen from over a 100 remote villages of Kutch that has been transformed into high quality products, said a statement.
Among the other highlights of the exhibition will be specially designed bags and clothes by designers Vani Gupta and Sudha Patel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Uttam Singh named for Maharashtra's 'Lata Mangeshkar Award'!
- Twinkle Khanna reveals her healthy alternatives!
- Priyanka Chopra feels 'blessed' to work with Blair Underwood, Aunjanue Ellis!
- Pakistani actors already home before MNS threat to leave India
- After no 'Pakistani TV shows', Zindagi rebrands itself with local dramas
- Smoking hot! Priyanka Chopra sets temperature soaring with oomph on the cover of Filmfare
- Remakes can't be made just for commercial gain: Arjun Kapoor
- Trending this season – Check out nails colours in vogue
- Sonam Kapoor wants women to experiment with hair colour – Details inside
- Style tips to help you look trendy this autumn