Shrujan exhibition comes to capital with the best from Kutch
New Delhi: Shrujan Hand Embroidery Exhibition is set to begin in the capital Oct 2. It will bring some of the best known hand embroidery like `pakko and `soof` from Kutch.
The five-day exhibition will be held at the Aga Khan Hall. It will showcase a limited range of silk cholis and silk blouse pieces for the Navratras and also wedding and classic collections.
Pakko embroidery on contemporary patterns of kurtas along with dupattas in tussar silk and maheshwari will also be on display.
Shrujan is a 44-year-old organization working to popularise Kutch hand embroidery techniques.
The exhibition will showcase original hand embroidery by 3,500 craftswomen from over a 100 remote villages of Kutch that has been transformed into high quality products, said a statement.
Among the other highlights of the exhibition will be specially designed bags and clothes by designers Vani Gupta and Sudha Patel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tips to accessorise your ‘office look’ sensibly
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- Mother of 21 year-old twin sons - Urvashi Dholakia - defies age and how! See pics
- Priyanka Chopra sets the temperature soaring this monsoon – See sizzling hot pics