London: With 2015 knocking at the door, it's time to don the party look for New Year's Eve. Try the smoky eye look -- it's quick to do, easy to master and looks great with any outfit.
Use these simple steps for it, reports mirror.co.uk.
* Use the right mix of lighter and darker eye shadows: A smoky eye is essentially created by blending together lighter and darker shades of eye shadow to create a smudged effect.
* Choose your colour: Start by choosing a good eye shadow palette with at least three shades.
* Apply the shadow: Apply a layer of the lightest shade as a base, then blend some of the medium grey into your socket line.
* Highlight the corner of eyes with dark shade: Finish by applying a bit of the darkest shade to the corners of your eye - winging it out slightly to create a little flick as this will make your eyes appear bigger.
* Line it up: Give your look some extra impact by adding a black eyeliner. Pick a soft liner as this gives it more of a subtle smudged effect. Line the top of your eyes, creating a flick to match your eye shadow, then add a bit to the outer corner of your bottom lash line.
* Finishing touch: Finish off by sweeping mascara over your top and bottom lashes. Avoid unsightly clumps by choosing one with a fine bristled brush.