Six budding designers set pace for Lakme Fashion Week
Mumbai: The Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) summer-resort 2013 kickstarted here Friday with six budding designers showcasing their modern creations at the Gen Next show.
The show, sponsored by online shopping portal zovi.com, saw creations, which were wearable as well as fashionable.
The fashion lines showcased were designed by Debashri Samanta, Karishma Jamwal, Ragini Ahuja, Shubham Kumar, Sneha S. Saha and Stephany D`Souza.
The exclusive tie-up with zovi.com will give the designers immediate access to an online audience of over five million, spread across 700 locations in the country.
"We are happy that we have partnered with these six new designers and we have promised to put these garments on our websites. The garments will be available at attractive prices between Rs.1, 100 and Rs.1, 400," said Manish Chopra, CEO, zovi.com.
The available designs include a stripped cape collar dress by Shubham Kumar, a golden brown colour jumpsuit in handwoven khadi silk by Sneha and others.
Ragini Ahuja showcased a monochrome shirt and pant suit while, Stephany D`Souza displayed a yellow summer dress. Debashri Samanta`s flowy colour block dress in emerald and ink blue clearly stood out.
The ongoing edition of LFW will end March 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out incredible worldwide box office collections of Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi'
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!