Sonakshi Sinha inspired by Sridevi, Parveen for ‘Himmatwala’ disco song
Mumbai: Tight leather pants and shiny dresses - the 1980s era saw it all. Now, new age actress Sonakshi Sinha is taking cue from actresses like Sridevi and Parveen Babi for a retro disco number that she has shot for the ‘Himmatwala’ remake.
The number, choreographed by Chinni Prakash, is called ‘Thank god it`s Friday’.
The movie`s director, Sajid Khan, wanted to give Sonakshi the look of Sridevi and Parveen Babi. He roped in designer Manish Malhotra and Sonakshi, who admits working hard for the song, is happy with the result.
"Manish has done a fantastic job and I absolutely love both my looks. I also watched the videos of their (the actress`) old songs before I started shooting. I would even watch other songs in the vanity to understand the dancing and the style of that era," Sonakshi said in a statement.
For her first avatar in the number, Sonakshi has sported a vintage sequined golden dress and headband, which bears a striking resemblance Parveen Babi`s look in the song ‘Pyaar karne waale’ from the film ‘Shaan’.
Sonakshi`s other look where she is wearing black-coloured tight pants, a jacket and boots, is inspired from Sridevi`s disco look from ‘Chaalbaaz’.
‘Himmatwala’, a remake of 1983 hit movie of the same name, features actors Ajay Devgn and Tammanah. Co-produced by UTV Motion Pictures and Vashu Bhagnani, it will release March 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Superstar Rajinikanth requests fans not to celebrate his birthday
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Life lessons: 7 reasons why you should never give up!
- Sanjay Dutt to star in 'Bhoomi'! FIRST LOOK out
- Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor thank Gauri Khan for turning Ranbir's house into home!
- Raees look: Not one but three different styles for Shah Rukh Khan
- Wedding season special: Tips to pick suitable footwear for different functions
- Mira Rajput wears hubby's T-shirt and gets approval from Shahid Kapoor right away!
- Anushka Sharma looks dazzling on latest GQ cover!
- Parineeti Chopra, Shraddha Kapoor turn black beauties and we can't stop gushing over it!