Sonakshi Sinha`s love for saris dates back to childhood
Mumbai: Actress Sonakshi Sinha, who has flaunted a desi, sari-clad look in most of her Bollywood films, says she was fascinated by the six-yard wrap even when she was a kid.
"I was very young when I started wearing my mom`s (Poonam Sinha) saris. I always saw her in saris and as a kid, I used to drape her pallu. I`ve been doing it for a while now and now I do it for my profession. I think the sari is the most graceful garment the Indians have come up with," the 26-year-old said here during a photoshoot for a sari brand.
Sonakshi`s debut film "Dabangg" saw her in simple saris too, but she admits she doesn`t really know how to drape it.
"I have been wearing a sari since my very first film, but I`ve never actually done it myself. But I`ve done it so many times now that I can now imagine the whole process and I believe I can (drape it), even though I haven`t tried it yet," she said.
Nevertheless, the 26-year-old is glad that she is complimented for carrying off the sari well.
"I carry off a sari very well. That` a good compliment because the misconception is that mature and older women are supposed to wear saris. But being from the younger generation, I believe receiving this compliment is a high," she said.
Sonakshi played a village belle in the 2010 hit "Dabangg" and was later seen as a desi girl again in "Rowdy Rathore."
"Dabangg 2", "Son of Sardaar" and her latest release "Lootera" also featured Sonakshi in an Indian look complete with saris.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, other film stars express condolence over Jayalalithaa's demise
- Shahid Kapoor sets makeshift gym for 'Padmavati' role!
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!
- Kahaani 2 weekend collections: Vidya Balan starrer mints Rs 16 cr
- Birthday special: Eight times Manish Malhotra created magic on-screen!
- Deepika Padukone looks ravishing on the latest 'Elle' cover!
- Narendra Modi making Nehru jacket fashionable again, believes Shantanu
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks incredibly gorgeous on the cover of Grazia India