Sonam Kapoor flaunts voluminous D&G gown at Cannes
New Delhi: Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor oozed oomph in a voluminous white floral gown by Italian luxury brand Dolce & Gabbana on day two of the 66th Cannes International Film Festival.
The actress flaunted a D&G gown at the premiere of ‘Jeune & Jolie’ after making India-inspired statements in apparel by Anamika Khanna and Shehla Khan on the first day of the extravaganza. She is at the Cannes fest as the L`Oreal Paris ambassador.
"Sonam Kapoor in custom Dolce and Gabbana for Cannes 2013," Sonam`s sister Rhea posted on Twitter, along with a picture of the actress.
Sonam`s sharp shoulder blades were accentuated thanks to the off-shoulder gown, which she teamed with matching lilac footwear. She accessorised the gown with an elegant necklace from her jewellery designer mother Sunita Kapoor`s collection.
Sonam`s side swept hair-do went with the look.
A statement by designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana, on the official Dolce & Gabbana Facebook page, reads: "Sonam Kapoor for us represents the epitome of the golden era of Hollywood, thanks to her natural elegance, her femininity and class."
"Those years around the 1950s that have made us dream for so long. For her, we created a special piece dress that could emphasise her unique beauty."
On the kick-off day at the Cannes film fest, the 27-year-old actress was spotted at the star-studded premiere of "The Great Gatsby". She chose to wear an Anamika Khanna couture creation - an off white sari teamed with a lattice work full-sleeve jacket. To add a zing to her look, she even wore a nose ring.
Later in the day, Sonam opted for a black lace lehanga by Mumbai based designer Shehla Khan at the film fest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- You should be prepared for trolls on social media: Amitabh Bachchan
- Ranvir Shorey starrer 'Blue Mountains' to release in April
- I'm not judgmental about any character: Vicky Kaushal
- 'Anaarkali of Aarah' makers file complaint over leaked scenes
- Freedom is main attraction of hip-hop, says rapper Raftaar
- Not bothered about fashion police: Priyanka Chopra
- Feel proud to generate steady work for craftsmen: Manish Malhotra
- Oscars 2017: Priyanka Chopra raises temperature in white at red carpet
- Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone sizzle at pre-Oscars 2017 parties
- Anushka Sharma on VOGUE cover will bring out the 'feminist' in you!